60 capsules with turmeric powder
Turmeric is a herbaceous plant of the Zingiberaceae family, native to southern Asia. We know it mainly as a powder used in cooking, but it also exists as an essential oil, capsule and fluid extract. It is appreciated for its many virtues, but we consume so little of it that we can't take full advantage of its health benefits. Turmeric capsules offer a solution. This dietary supplement enables us to consume this plant in sufficient quantities and appreciate its incredible properties.
Secure card payment
Contact customer service on 00 33 6 63 88 40 71
Turmeric is a herbaceous plant of the Zingiberaceae family, native to southern Asia. We know it mainly as a powder used in cooking, but it also exists as an essential oil, capsule and fluid extract. It is appreciated for its many virtues, but our consumption is so minimal that we can't take full advantage of its health benefits. Turmeric capsules offer a solution. This dietary supplement enables us to consume this plant in sufficient quantities and appreciate its incredible properties.
Find out more about turmeric
Particularly used in traditional Japanese, Chinese, Thai and Indonesian medicine, turmeric is also an essential food for our general health. When we speak of turmeric, we mean both the plant and the spice. The latter is obtained from the rhizome of curcuma domestica, which must be boiled to remove the skin. The rhizomes are then dried in the sun and ground. The result is the familiar orange turmeric powder. This oriental spice has long been used as a food coloring and dye, as well as a cosmetic.
Turmeric is composed of numerous active ingredients and interesting properties, making it a food with significant nutritional benefits:
- Curcumin: this compound of the curcuminoid family has a highly interesting antioxidant effect. It is effective against stress-related illnesses, has anti-inflammatory properties and is effective in preventing cancer.
- Essential oils: turmerone (antidepressant properties), dehydroturmerone, ginger (anti-ulcer properties), atlantone, curcumenol, borneol, camphor, terpinene
- Colorants: which give it its magnificent orange color, so much so that it's also known as gold powder
- Vitamins: notably B vitamins and vitamin C
- Minerals: iron, manganese, magnesium, zinc, potassium, copper
Turmeric capsules are simply turmeric powder encased in gelatin, which may be of animal or vegetable origin. These capsules are usually enriched with black pepper, for a very specific reason mentioned below. The main advantages of consuming turmeric capsules are, first of all, that you can take this dietary supplement as a course of treatment, thereby significantly increasing your intake of turmeric over a period of time long enough to see results. And for those who don't like the taste of turmeric, the capsules have the advantage of being tasteless, practical and easy to consume. Ingredients: turmeric extract (curcumin), black pepper extract, vegetable shell Why do turmeric capsules contain black pepper? The body has difficulty absorbing curcumin, which is the source of its beneficial properties. Combining it with pepper increases its bioavailability, making it easier to absorb.
This dietary supplement is particularly recommended for its antioxidant virtues, to keep joints supple and comfortable. But turmeric has other virtues too:
- It is rich in antioxidants, making it an excellent dietary supplement against cellular aging
- It has anti-inflammatory properties, helping to improve joint comfort by preventing joint and muscle tension and stiffness. Its anti-inflammatory potential is as effective as corticosteroids, and is also effective against rheumatism, asthma, atherosclerosis, cancer and autoimmune diseases
- A natural anti-stress agent
- This gold powder reduces intestinal gas and has a hepatoprotective effect
- It is effective in supporting digestive functions, combating gastric acidity and ulcers, and generally protecting the gastric mucosa
- Turmeric helps limit fats in the blood
- Excellent for the liver, regenerating and protecting it
- Prevents cancer at various stages and helps produce the enzymes responsible for eliminating cancer cells
- Turmeric capsules can complement treatment for rheumatoid arthritis
- Reduces symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome
- Improves biliary function
How to use our turmeric capsules?
Natural turmeric supplements are for internal use only. It is recommended to take 2 capsules a day, preferably in the morning, with a glass of water, and to continue the cure for 1 month, which can be renewed.
Precautions and advice
These food supplements are no substitute for a varied, balanced diet, and should be taken as part of a healthy lifestyle. Few studies have been carried out on turmeric, and it is not yet known whether the capsules can be taken by pregnant and/or breast-feeding women. Ask your gynaecologist or midwife for advice before starting a course of treatment. These tablets should never be used as a substitute for medical treatment, and you should consult your doctor before starting a course of treatment. Likewise, if you are taking anticoagulant medication, please consult a health professional for advice. The information given in this article is for information purposes only and does not constitute a medical prescription.
Be sure to reseal your capsule box after each use, and keep it away from light and moisture. Keep out of the reach of children.
Other health and wellness products
If you're looking for other dietary supplements and products to improve your health, we offer other natural capsules such as black cumin or costus capsules, and you can find various products in the "health and well-being" category. We only sell natural products, some of which are rare and little-known, and which offer invaluable benefits. Please feel free to browse our online store to find what you're looking for.